Thursday, November 27, 2008

Leicester Review

I have to admit, before seeing The View live, I wasn’t a massive fan.

Sure, their debut album Hats Off To The Buskers is lurking around in my CD collection somewhere, but as I never really got into the phenomenon that was Same Jeans, arguably their best-known track, it never got near my top played list on the iPod.

But after seeing the Scots lads on stage at The Charlotte, I’ll definitely be giving it another chance.

To get the Mercury award-nominated act to the Leicester venue was a bit of a coup for the city, and a packed out audience showed their appreciation of an energetic and sweaty set with raucous chants of 'The View, The View, The View are on fire', and a spot of crowd surfing.

Wasted Little DJs, Skag Trendy and The Don, along with songs such as Glass Smash from their upcoming second album, were all a lot rougher and rockier than I was expecting, which is a good thing in my book.

With plenty of on-stage banter (although the fact I was squashed in at the back, combined with their ridiculously strong Dundee accents, meant I couldn’t understand a lot) The View proved the crowd had hit the nail on the head - they are definitely on fire.

By Gemma Peplow
thisisleicestershire.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home