Tuesday, October 31, 2006

If you were there, you will know….

If you were there, you will know….

Things had started to get a bit out of hand before the view even hit the stage. The bands manager was not happy with the barriers, he wasn’t happy with the beer throwing and I don’t think he was too happy that he was missing Coronation Street.

The crowd were baying and shouting “The View, The View, The View are on fire”. The band hit the stage and quite a few plastic pint pots hit me. I’m still not quite sure why Barnsley folk sing “Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire” (they always come in three’s don’t they?), but they did and quite often. After the first song, the manager came on and asked the crowd to take a step back, these carried on after each set and just like a bad parent he kept warning that he would send us to bed, but he never followed up his threat with action. This went on for about 4 songs. I’ve airbrushed him out of quite a few images!

I usually leg it out of the pit after 3 songs, this wasn’t going to happen, I was penned in by about 6 bouncers, so I spent the next half hour picking off a few more shots and getting pretty good and dodging what I hoped was spent alcohol.

After the set the band mingled with the crowd, signed t-shirts and posed for photographs. After 83 dates the boys were knackered, but put on a night that indie kids in Barnsley will be talking about for a long time to come.


by chimpola.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home