Friday, December 05, 2008

The View are on Fire (Again!)

It's been a long time since I last shot The View, and a long time since I've actually enjoyed a live shoot...I was bored shooting mediocre bands in mediocre venues. I was bored, bored...bored...bored.

A few months ago at The Enemy gig, Keiren had mentioned the 'Back-to-Basics' tour, a series of smaller grungier pub/club gigs, so shooting them again was in the back of my mind for ages, eventually I seen the tour dates & venues which included Dunfermline's Velocity, Glasgow's King Tuts and Barrowlands, Kirkcaldy's White Riot and Dundee's Fatsams Live. Those are 5 dates I didn't want to miss.

I was apprehensive driving to Velocity, unsure if I had a photopass sorted, when my man on the inside txt'd me to confirm, sweet, bring it on. The gig was great, no real controversial moments and the band looked really comfortable on stage, a couple of loose moments technically but to see the boys smiling and laughing together was amazing.

The shoot was tough due to Velocity's lighting rig, designed for disco dave's dance floor diva's so everyone on stage is back lit Neon/LED, could really do with a touch more front lighting, even just occasionally would be great. I was sharing the wonderfully spacious pit with my friend Flo, a really great Tog from near Aberdeen.

Instead of moaning about the lighting, I'll let a few of my favourite photos speak for them selves...check em out.
It was supposed to be a 3-song No Flash shoot, but I managed to squeeze a few from the side of the stage...notice that little prick in the front row looking over, he thought it would be funny to rip my AAA pass off my neck and throw it into the crowd there's a word for guys like that, Twat.

Anyway's, top gig, top night...The View are officially back on Fire!!

For more photos visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/twothumbsfresh/

http://twothumbsfresh.blogspot.com/
5th December 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home