Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Law At The View's Brit Snub

THE LAW are up in arms that best buddies The View haven't been nominated for the British Breakthrough Act at the Brit awards tonight.

The Dundee bands are as thick as thieves, with four-piece The Law following in the footsteps of their hit-making comrades, having already being signed up to play T In The Park's Futures stage.

But singer Stuart Purvey is shocked pals Kyle Falconer, Kieren Webster, Peter Reilly and Steven Morrison haven't been nominated for a Brit gong, despite producing debut album, Hats Off to the Buskers, last year's No.1 smash hit.

Stuart said: "I definitely think The View should have been nominated. I really don't see why they are not there." The frontman admitted that acts up for the award, Leona Lewis, Mika, Kate Nash, Klaxons and Bat For Lashes weren't really his thing.
And he hit out at X Factor winner Leona for not producing her own material.

He added: "The other nominees aren't really my cup of tea. I guess Mika is alright but I still can't see why The View aren't up there with them.

"I don't see the Leona Lewis thing at all. I'm just not a fan of the whole X Factor thing. It doesn't seem real to me. I'm a realist and the whole reality show is just plastic pop acts to me.I admit she is a great singer but there are thousands of great singers out there. I'll be impressed when she writes a song."

The two bands will be able to drown their sorrows when The Law perform at the infamous West Rocks party in London.
The Still Got Friday To Go rockers, who have just finished a UK tour with Wirral trio The Rascals, are performing at the party tonight, which is hosted by cool event organiser Tara Rocks.

Previous attendees include the Arctic Monkeys, Alexa Chung, Kelly Osbourne, Supermodel Agnes Dean and the Geldof sisters. The Dundee boys will be performing alongside Blondelle.

The event, which is to be held in London's Neighbourhood Club, will also feature on a forthcoming BBC 2 show on cool kids.
Stuart said: "Tonight should be pretty impressive. I'm hoping to have a shot at pulling Peaches Geldof and you never know, I might even change my socks."

The singer is also hoping to hook up with Best British Group nominees the Arctic Monkeys, who he has tipped to win the top prize tonight.

"I think the the Arctic Monkeys will win tonight for their originality and hopefully we'll meet them later."

by Beverley Lyons And Laura Sutherland, Daily Record 20th February 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home