Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Drew McConnell on tour with The View

It's been emotional. We've played Wembley, what looked like an enormous ice hockey rink in Nottingham, a truly horrible shed in Birmingham (but to one of the best crowds of the tour - these things tend to balance themselves out), and as I write this we're about to play our last show of Oh What a Lovely Tour at the SECC in Glasgow. Wandering around the standing area before soundcheck felt like being in a vast aircraft hanger. It's been a mind-blowing experience, but I am looking forward to playing in a pub again soon.

We've had the View on tour since Wembley. They're close friends of mine so it's been a real treat to get to hang out with them and play on the same stage again. Going out drinking with them is always a mixture of laughing so much I get stomach cramp and pulling them out of scraps every two minutes. Those boys are the real deal and I love them.

So I guess I'll find time whilst licking my tour wounds back in London to let you know how tonight went. I'll try to make it sooner than later.

  • Read Drew's blog here
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home