Monday, June 09, 2008

Rocker Kyle's An Early Starter

THE View's frontman Kyle Falconer has revealed he started boozing when he was just seven.

Kyle, who's birthday was on Friday, was speaking as he relaxed backstage.

He claimed he got high on alcopops at primary school and described it as "cool".

The singer, who was convicted of cocaine possession last year, said: "I downed my first bottle of Hooch when I was seven. It made me believe in the Loch Ness monster. I saw the monster in my head in a dream after I drank it."

Hooper's Hooch is an alcopop that was most popular during the mid-Nineties. It was discontinued after criticism that it appealed to children due to its sweet taste and cartoon-like advertising.

Kyle, a pal of Pete Doherty, has been slammed for his drunken stage antics.

The mop-top singer, strolled around the backstage area of Rock Ness sucking a baby's dummy before swaggering into the press area.

With a toy flying-V guitar he got as a birthday present from his sound engineer slung over his shoulder, he also said he had no desire to return to his home town of Dundee.

"I don't want to go back, to be honest," he said. "It does my nut in."

by Beverley Lyons And Laura Sutherland, Daily Record Jun 9 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home