Thursday, November 16, 2006

View gets better for United as they rock

DUNDEE UNITED have teamed up with rising stars The View to try to rock the opposition at Tannadice.

At manager Craig Levein’s request, the football club’s Tannoy now belts out the young Dundonian band’s latest single Superstar Tradesman instead of usual song Love Is In The Air.

The change from John Paul Young’s 1970s disco track to cutting-edge indie music seems to be working, with United beating Kilmarnock on Saturday to add to their previous victory over Rangers.

The transformation in form has been put down to Levein’s arrival in the manager’s office and hard work on the training pitch.

However, the new anthem from the Scottish music scene’s hottest property is playing its part.

“We were not exactly terrifying our opponents with the old song so I wanted something different played as the team came out,” said Levein.

“I thought it better to get a tune that was a little more rousing and rockier.

“Also, I’ve been told one or two of the lads in The View support the club so that helps too.”

Drummer Steve Morrison, known to the band’s fans as Crazy Mo, is a lifelong United supporter and is thrilled they have decided to use the song.

“It’s superb,” he enthused.

“I don’t get to see the team very often these days because we are on the road a lot but I always make sure I am tuned into the results.

“Chris McCarron, our sound man, is also a fan so he keeps me informed of what is going on at Tannadice.”

However, bass player Kieran Webster, who actually wrote the track, is now living in fear of his grandmother Mary Clarke.

He groaned, “I am actually a Dundee fan so I’m dreading what some of my mates are going to make of this. They’ll probably want to kill me. If they don’t do it my gran will because she is a diehard Dundee supporter.

“Now I will have to get in touch with someone at Dens to see if they will play one of our other songs!”

By Ian Roache, The Courier

Cheer to The Globe for link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home